The Holy Spirit Parish pays respect to the Darug People, the traditional custodians of the land on which we gather to celebrate our faith and worship God. We acknowledge with respect the elders past and present.
COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES COMMENCING 23 OCTOBER
With the announcement of new restrictions commencing Friday 23rd October, we are allowed to have 175 people in the church at any one time, excluding the clergy and those involved in the liturgy. More people (125) will be accommodated outside, if necessary. Hence, there is no need to book.
Because NSW Government still requires contact tracing, there are three ways to do this:
• Mass Attendance cards MUST be completed by each household per mass. Cards are available in the foyer. Feel free to take home a few cards so you can complete them before going to church to avoid delay. Drop the completed card on the day you are attending in the designated box provided in the foyer
• Sign-in using the QR code displayed in the foyer
• Online Mass Attendance card (Eventbrite) is available. To register, go to:
Eventbrite registration will close 24 hours before the event.
Please print your cards/tickets and drop them on the day you are attending in the designated box provided in the foyer.
In order to maximise the use of our liturgical space, please observe the following:
• Families and those living under one household sit together.
• Proceed to end of row if vacant.
• Leave 3 chairs empty between you and another household.
Please be mindful of the following:
• The 1.5 metre physical distancing rules will continue to apply whether indoors or outdoors
• No congregational singing should occur
• Face masks are still strongly encouraged
• Mingling and social gatherings in the outdoor area should also not occur after the Mass
(This would be considered an outdoor social gathering, where the current limit is set at 30)
The elderly, those with health conditions, flu-like symptoms and low-immune system are still advised to stay at home.
Catholics from Parramatta Diocese are still dispensed from their Sunday Mass obligation until further notice.
Monday & Wednesday 7:00am
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 9:05am
Mass on public holidays 9:05am
Sunday 8:00am, 9:30am & 6:00pm
Mass in Tagalog 3:30pm
(1st Sunday of the Month)
Youth Mass 6:00pm
(or by appointment)
1st Friday of every month 9:05am
FIRST FRIDAY NIGHT DEVOTION
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
(1st Friday of the month)
Baptisms, weddings & funerals by appointment. Contact parish for more information.
In this Advent season of hope, will you share the miracle of Christmas with families in need?
CatholicCare supports vulnerable families in their efforts to build better relationships and give their children a positive start in life.
MINISTRY FACEBOOK GROUPS
LOCAL CATHOLIC SCHOOLS
Please submit names through the 'Contact' section below. Please include whether we are praying for a loved one who is;
- Recently Deceased
Please include the weekend in which the prayers should be offered.
Names submitted to Parish for the sick list will show for 4 weeks at a time (unless otherwise stated), while all others will appear for one week (unless otherwise stated).
In the same way above you can submit your Mass offering. You may give your offering, in an envelope, to the priest before or after Mass.
Alternatively, please visit the parish office during business hours or the sacristy before or after daily Mass.
The decision to marry is one of the most significant decisions in life. Since it effects both State and Church there are certain requirements to be fulfilled:
Before the church can be booked couples will be required to complete the following:
- Once you have chosen a date, please contact the parish to organise a meeting with the priest of your choice. At the time of this meeting the following will be addressed
- The date/time/availability of the church and priest
- The booking of the church. If you are not a parishioner of Holy Spirit the suggested booking fee is $150
- Alternatively, the requirements of presiding over your wedding ceremony at another church or outside a sacred space.
- Pre Marriage Course
It is a requirement that all couples intending to marry, participate in this preparation course. Please contact the:
Life, Marriage & Family Office on 02 8838 3440 or https://parralmf.org.au/pre-marriage-preparation/
for course dates and venues. This should be done at least six - eight months prior to the wedding.
- PRENUPTIAL ENQUIRY FORM & NOTICE OF INTENDED MARRIAGE
It is essential to make an appointment with a priest to do this as soon as possible – after completing the Pre Marriage course and at least six months before the date of the wedding.
Both parties will need to bring the following documents to their second appointment with the priest.
- A full Birth Certificate or passport and drivers licence
(Available from the Registrar of Births deaths and marriages if you do not have one)
- A Baptismal certificate issued within the last 6 months.
(This can be obtained by contacting the parish where you were baptised. Details of your Confirmation are usually recorded on your Baptism Certificate)
- If either party has been married previously, evidence of freedom to remarry will be needed.
(i.e. death certificate of former spouse, annulment certificate etc.)
At the time of your second appointment with the priest the following will be addressed:
- Booking the church
- Completion of the State required Notice of Intended Marriage. (Form 13)
- Evidence of completion of the engaged couple’s course.
- Discussion about the importance of marriage and commitment
- Relevant information to assist in planning the liturgy.
- Weddings held in other churches or outside sacred spaces.
Please note: an offering to the Priest on the day of your wedding would typically be in the range of $100 to $200
Holy Spirit Parish, St Clair, is in the Diocese of Parramatta. The CBD is approximately 39km to the east. St Clair is situated at the foothills of the beautiful Blue Mountains and is easily accessible by using the M4 motorway. St Clair is located in the eastern suburbs of Penrith. It was formerly part of Our Lady of the Rosary Parish, St Marys.
The Parish Centre is located on the corner of Todd Row and Moore Street. One can exit the M4 motorway from either Mamre Road or Roper Road as you travel west and from Mamre Road only as you travel east. The Parish serves the areas of St Clair, Erskine Park and parts of Kemps Creek.
The Parish Clergy and Staff are pleased to assist, wherever possible. So please don't hesitate to contact us.