(TEMPORARY MATERNITY LEAVE POSITION)
APPLICABLE AWARD: Clerks – Private Sector Award 2010
SALARY: Dependent on grade level.
NOMINAL HOURS PER WEEK: 24hrs per week as a Part-time position
REPORTS TO: The Parish Moderator
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Parish Pastoral Council, Finance Committee, Parish groups, volunteers, parishioners and relevant personnel from local schools.
LOCATION: 5 Todd Row, St Clair NSW 2759
AUTHORISED BY: Fr Michael Belonio, OSA, Parish Moderator
The role involves the provision of a range of clerical and administrative duties to assist the smooth and effective operation of the Parish Office.
- Support the teachings of the Church and the ethos of the parish and diocese
- Compliance with OHS requirements to maintain a safe workplace and safe systems of work
- Perform work within parish guidelines and according to policies and procedures
- Organise and manage the clerical and administrative tasks for the parish office within available resources and appropriate timeframes
- Maintain a professional work environment that is welcoming and discreet.
- General reception duties – meet, greet and assist callers and visitors
- Screen calls as appropriate, taking and conveying messages accurately and promptly
- Responsibility for incoming and outgoing mail
- Preparing and printing the weekly Parish Newsletter
- Preparing slides for Church Data Projector
- Preparing and distributing ministry rosters for volunteers when needed
- Word processing and responding to correspondence and other general typing
- Using email and internet to research and communicate regarding parish matters
- Issuing sacramental certificates
- Filing, photocopying and printing
- Management of bookings, appointments and the office diary
- Provision of administrative support to the Parish Moderator and Parish Team.
- Other duties as required from time to time.
- Sound time-management skills and ability to prioritise
- Organisational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail, quality and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly and efficiently
- Capacity to work autonomously and be responsible and accountable for own work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good grooming and presentation
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment
- Capacity to act with tact and discretion, and maintain high standards of confidentiality
- Honesty, reliability and punctuality
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Appropriate qualifications and/or relevant demonstrated experience in Office Administration
- Advanced level of computer literacy and demonstrated competence in this area
- Knowledge and understanding of Occupational Health and Safety legislation
- Proven people management skills
- Previous experience in a comparable position
Email Applications marked ‘CONFIDENTIAL” to: email@example.com
Applications Close: Friday 2 November 2018